Uninstall Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) and Revert Back to IE8 or IE7
If you are not satisfied with the newly released Internet Explorer 9 beta, you can always remove it and revert back to IE 8 or IE 7. This tutorial will guide you through the steps of doing so.
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 9 and Revert Back to IE8/IE7
- Close IE and all other programs.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features (or Uninstall a program link).
- From the left pane, click View installed updates.
- Find Windows Internet Explorer 9 from the list of installed updates, right-click it and then select the Uninstall option.
- When Uninstall an update dialog box appears, click Yes. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 9.
- When the IE9 uninstallation is completed, restart your computer.
- After the reboot, the previous version of IE installed on your system will be restored.