Enable More Simultaneous Downloads in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
By default, you are only allowed to download 2 files at a time from a single website. However, you can tweak it to enable more than 2 downloads at the same time.
To increase the allowable number of multiple downloads in IE 9:
- Open RegEdit by going to the Start Menu -> type regedit in the search box and then hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- Right-click Internet Settings -> select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name this key MaxConnectionsPerServer.
- Double-click MaxConnectionsPerServer, enter 4 into the value data field and then hit OK.
- Right-Click Internet Settings -> select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name this key MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
- Double-click MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server, enter 6 into the value data field and then hit OK.
Note: You can set both of these values to as many as you want, but 4 and 6 are most recommended.