Turn Internet Explorer 9 Menu Bar Always On
One of the major changes in IE 9 is that the menu bar isn’t showing by default. It’s not missing, it’s just hidden. To view the menu bar, you have to press the ALT key on your keyboard to temporarily view it. This can a problem to users who relied heavily on the menu bar. However, there’s a way to keep the menu bar always visible. Follow the steps below to do so:
10 Simple Steps to keep IE 9 Menu Bar Always On
- Open RegEdit by going to the Start Menu -> type regedit in the search box and then hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- Right-click Microsoft -> select New -> Key.
- Name this key Internet Explorer.
- Right-click Internet Explorer -> select New -> Key.
- Name this key Main.
- Right-click Main -> select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name this value AlwaysShowMenus.
- Double-click AlwaysShowMenus, type 1 into the value data field, and then click OK.
- Close RegEdit and then open Internet Explorer 9. The menu bar should be visible on top of your browser now. If you in case need to disable it, simply change the value data back to 0.