Free AVI, FLV, MP4, VOB, MKV Video Cutter (Splitter)
Here we’ll show you how to cut videos into parts using a well-known video splitter called Free Video Cutter. In some occasions, we would find a certain part of a video to be especially interesting. Instead of keeping the entire video, we can cut only the part that we like out of it and save the part as a new file. By doing so, you can save your hard disk space from storing full-sized videos when you can actually store only the parts you like. You can also share the cut parts with your friends easily since they are much smaller. It definitely save your time when it comes to uploading the video parts to social networking sites such as Facebook.
The scissor you need: Free Video Cutter
Free Video Cutter has been widely used for years now. It is a freeware that is able to split your video file into parts of your choice. A video cutter is also known as video splitter or video clipper. It has a very user-friendly interface as if a 5 years old boy would know how to use it. It supports most of the common video formats such as AVI, FLV, MP4, VOB, MKV, MPEG 1/2, MPEG4, DivX, Xvid, MOV and Flash video. This program also guarantees the quality of any output video.
A simple instruction on how to use Free Video Cutter
- Download and launch the program.
- From the bottom of the program, click Open Video button and browse to your video file you wish to cut a part from.
- After loading the video, the program will show you some of the basic video information such as the duration and the bitrate of the video you just opened.
- There are 2 bars represent the track of the video. Move the first track bar to the track where you want the cutter to begin cutting. Same thing for the second track bar, move it to the track where you want the cutter to stop cutting.
- Simply choose an output video format for the cut part. Press Save Video and voilà!
Tips and Hints
- When you open a very large video file, the program might take a very long time for the process of creating video thumbs for preview. You can disable thumbs creating by going to Option and check “Don’t create video thumb”.